Choosing the Best Caravan Mattress
Choosing the best caravan mattress can be the difference between a great night’s sleep or an all-night-long sheep-counting extravaganza. We prefer the former to the latter, and are sure that you do too! But what do you know about caravan mattresses? And what do we need to look for when purchasing one?
This page contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchase (at no extra cost to you)
It’s always a good idea to listen to the experts and their recommendations. So, what do you need to know about caravan mattresses to ensure you make the right decision? Take heed of our guide to mattresses and caravan mattress toppers that all caravan owners need to read.
Caravan Mattress and Caravan Mattress Topper Best Seller List
- Caravan Mattress, Motor Home Mattress, Boat Mattress- Available in All Sizes
- Bunk Bed Mattress, Cabin Bed Mattress, Guest Bed Mattress - Available in All Sizes
- Foam Mattress - Suitable for Adults & Children and Most Base Types
- Made in the UK and comply with all UK and EU regulations. (BS 7177: 2008 Domestic Use)
- Add a layer of comfortable memory foam to your existing mattress
- UK made memory foam
- Eminent pressure relieving properties
- Mattress topper is supplied folded and roll packed for convenience - it should be unpackaged and left on the bed to...
- Microfibre Filling
- Polyester Elasticated Skirt
- Box Construction
- Depth - 2" (5cm). The perfect depth to transform your mattress. The topper is specifically designed to add extra comfort...
- Memory foam that conforms to your body shape. The topper has body-moulding and pressure relief capabilities. The foam...
- Very practical and great for use in caravans, motor homes, truck beds and for camping.
- Dimensions: 75" x 27" x 2" - (190cm x 69cm x 5cm). Suitable for a small single mattress.
- Reflex foam for support
- Dimensions: 190 x 75 x 10 cm (L x W x H)
- Available in firm comfort
- Sanitised cover
- LIMITED TIME EXCLUSIVE OFFER ONLY AVAILABLE TO AMAZON CUSTOMERS *** FREE AND FAST DELIVERY FOR SINGLE MEMORY FOAM...
- Soft luxurious deep quilted sleeping surface. Memory foam mattress contains spring interior with a layer of memory foam
- Single memory foam mattress is suitable for cabin beds, bunk beds, divan beds, adults and children. Double memory foam...
- Hypo-allergenic, Anti-dust mite. Mattress is vacuum packed boxed and rolled for extra protection and ease of handling.
- A Hilary Devey Dragons Den Investment
- Ideal For Use In The Caravan, Motorhome, Hotel, or Camping
- Provides Relief For Pressure Points On The Body & Promotes Good Posture by Keeping the Spine Aligned Throughout the...
- Includes a Luxury 'Duvalay Cloud' Stretch Fabric Cover. Designed to Regulate Temperature and Allow Moisture to Dissipate...
- Limited Time Offer ** SLEEP FACTORY, Fast Delivery For Comfy Memory Mattress
- Available in 2ft6 Small Single, 3ft Single, 4ft Small Double, 4ft6 Double, 5ft King, 6ft Super King
- Upholstered in a Quality Cool-touch Quilted Cover offering Medium Support
- Luxury Hypo - Allergenic and Dust Mite Resistant Fillings, Mattress is Vacuum Packed, Boxed and Rolled for Protection &...
Last update on 2021-06-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Do you need a New Caravan Mattress?
Do you need a new caravan mattress? Do you spend lots of time on the road? When you are travelling about on a caravan trip, you need a good night’s sleep. An inferior sleep in combination with a long drive the next day is a dangerous mix. You don’t want to get into any caravan accidents because you are tired or close to falling asleep at the wheel. Getting a good night’s sleep on the road is an absolute necessity.
Even if your old mattress is still in decent condition, it’s worth looking at the vast range of modern caravan mattresses on the marketplace. So, if you have an old mattress, are on long caravan trips, or are just looking for a way to lux up your holiday, you are the ideal candidate to buy the best caravan mattress products.
What Types of Caravan Mattresses Are Available?
We live in a modern consumerist world. And although that might not be the healthiest way for humanity, it has some major positives. In this day and age innovations are commonplace for most products.
Manufacturers have to constantly improve their products to keep profit margins rolling. This is great if you are looking for a caravan mattress because there are loads of impressive new designs available to purchase. It’s also important to remember that caravan mattresses are similar to normal ones, but they are designed for space management. They can fit in tight spots and never sacrifice size for comfort.
Do you need a New Caravan Mattress or simply a caravan mattress Topper?
If it is just not practical to buy a replacement caravan mattress it is time to consider a simple caravan mattress topper. Simple is not a good adjective as modern mattress toppers can really improve your comfort and sleeping experience. A caravan mattress topper has other added benefits listed below.
Caravan Mattress topper Benefits
Prolong mattress lifespan
If you are happy with your existing caravan mattress then adding a mattress topper will add a little extra comfort whilst at the same time saving your base mattress. Visco offer a therapy caravan memory foam mattress topper designed to add extra comfort to your existing mattress. The foam helps to distribute your weight even,y and the memory foam will mould to your body shapeproviding good support to nek hips and shoulders.
If an accidental spill occurs you can easily get your topper cleaned and like new.
If you have an old style spring and coil mattress then adding a modern latex foam topper will deaden any noises as you move about whilst sleeping. This is more important if you are a light sleeper and your partner likes to shift about. Annoying yes, but its is natural. Solution invest in good quality latex foam caravan mattress topper.
Do you need a Mattress Topper with a cut off?
Here is a brief overview of mattress types:
Coil Mattress Products
Coil Mattress Products – These types of mattresses are old-style coil designs that are much cheaper and lighter than foam varieties. The only problem with this type is that they tend to wear out quicker than mattresses made from other materials.
Memory Foam Mattress Products
Memory Foam Mattress Products – Did you know that memory foam is a special kind of spongy and flexible plastic that was designed by NASA? This ultra-lightweight material is one of the most comfortable and ideal for those who want a perfectly balanced sleep.
Latex Foam Mattress Products
Latex Foam Mattress Products - This is easily one of the most breathable mattress materials and is better than memory foam for people with allergies. This type of mattress is mite-free, but it’s also one of the more expensive product types.
What do I Need to Consider When Buying a Caravan Mattress?
It’s all good to understand the types of caravan mattresses, but what do you need to consider when buying one? There are not so many things you have to remember when buying a mattress, but they are extremely important. Make sure you consider the following.
Caravan Mattress Size
Can you imagine buying a mattress for your caravan only to find out it doesn’t fit? The most important consideration you will have to make is the size of the mattress. When you buy mattresses for your bed at home, they come in standard sizes. You can’t go wrong. But with caravans and motorhomes, we are dealing with a different beast. Make sure your mattress fits your caravan dimensions.
Do you have Allergies?
If you or one of your travelling companions has allergies, choosing the right mattress or caravan mattress topper is so important. Bed bugs can be a major problem for those with allergies. To ensure the total safety of your mattress, make sure they are treated with antibacterial products. Or you could opt to buy a latex foam mattress because they are mite-free.
Best Sleeping Positions in a Caravan
A good night’s sleep in a caravan is 90% mattress and 10% sleeping positions. Did you know that sleeping positions were so important to getting some shut-eye? We all have our sleeping preferences, but they make even more difference in the cozy confines of a caravan.
However, if you are not sure about the best sleeping position for you, here are some recommendations in conjunction with certain mattress types.
Purchasing the Perfect Caravan Mattress
Now you don’t have any excuses for not buying the perfect caravan mattress. We have discussed the three main types of mattresses, the things you need to consider when purchasing, and even the sleeping positions for a good night’s sleep on the road. Make sure you know your caravan’s dimensions so you get a product that fits. And you also need to think about possible allergies that can be caused by bedbugs.
Do not penny-pinch when we are talking about caravan mattresses. You do not want any unforeseen issues when driving after a night of no sleep. Keeping safe while you on the road is paramount when on a long caravan trip. Just make sure you get that comfortable sleep you need… and deserve!