Caravan Wheel Lock & Clamps Reviews 2021
Keeping your caravan safe and secure will have the added advantage of lower your static caravan insurance. Please first check with your broker to confirm the product has been approved by the UK insurance sector. In fact, some brokers insist that the use of a caravan wheel lock or clamp is mandatory under the policy conditions. Needless to say, clamps are a very effective way to keep your caravan from being stolen.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchase (at no extra cost to you).
When reviewing caravan wheel locks or clamps you may find some cheap options. It is important to understand this is an important item and cheap does not equate to a well-built and well engineered device that will make it next to impossible to be tampered with successfully.
What is the best caravan wheel lock?
A caravan wheel clamp should possess the following key attributes
If it can be engineered to be easy to fit and lightweight, that helps, but do not expect this level of engineering and robustness to be cheap. It is very much a case of you get what you pay for when it comes to caravan wheel clamps. Warning some wheel clamps actually leave the wheel nuts exposed. These tend to be cheap as in the case of the Maypole universal clamp. Think about it? By simply, moving the wheel, the lock has been totally compromised. Don't overlook the other caravan security tools and devices available. With any expensive item, provide as much security as possible and never just rely on one device. Taking a preventative steps that will help deter theft and also lower your annual insurance premiums.
Caravan Hitch Lock Vs Caravan Wheel Clamp
A caravan wheel clamp is overall more secure, but it tends to be bulkier and takes more time and effort to install. A wheel clamp should be used at all times, especially while in storage. Some may think it is not necessary while on a campsite. The opposite is true, a campsite attracts the thief that specialises in caravans and caravan accessories. Think about the expense that you have tied up on your caravan, portable washing machine, pure wave sine inverter, silent generator, 12 Volt smart TV and the list continues. How nice it would be for this all to be simply towed away right under your noise?
Top Caravan Wheel Locks and Clamps Reviewed
- Purpleline Nemesis Ultra High Security Caravan Wheel Clamp
- STOP THIEF! - you love your car, caravan or trailer. It may be your biggest expense and asset after your home but...
- SOLUTION - buy a tried and trusted Stoplock 'Wheel Clamp' which prevents the thief from being able to move your vehicle....
- QUALITY - built to last and highly resistant to a wide range of power tools - peace of mind has never been simpler
- IN USE - quick and easy to attach in seconds, compact enough to keep in the boot and supplied with three keys
- 🚕 The wheel clamp is designed to fit wheels from 7 to 11 inches wide (175mm to 275mm), universary for almost all kind...
- 🚕 Simple to lock and unlock with keys in seconds. It can greatly prevent car theft with the lock.
- 🚕 Weather resistant heavy duty steel and compact design for easy storage.
- 🚕 Double protective against cutting and drilling.
- 🔒Designed for most vehicles: The 9 hole design of the wheel lock can be adjusted to fit 7.5 to 11.8 inch wide tires,...
- 🔒Perfect visual deterrence: The bright yellow and red wheel clamp locks have the best visibility in day or night. The...
- 🔒High security: The trailer wheel lock uses a B+ level lock core, a solid steel structure, and all welds. There is a...
- 🔒Lock in one second: Adjust to the appropriate hole position according to the different width of different tires,...
- Robust clamp ideal for cars, caravans, and trailers
- Adjust most wheel between 13 inch and 15 inch
- Solid steel construction with highly visible security yellow lacquer
- QUALITY MATERIAL - Made up of solid IRON which can withstand up to 3500 Lbs of Force
- COMPATIBILITY - Fits most of the vehicle wheel ranging from approx. 175-240mm or Tyres up to 27cm in thickness in...
- KEYS : Comes with 2 keys
- QUICK DELIVERY - Shipped from UK only, You can receive package within 3 Business Days (For UK Addresses only)
Last update on 2021-07-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The Nemesis Ultra with its distinctive colour stands out from the crowd. It is well engineered and meets the high standard required Thatcham Quality Assured.to be approved. Another winning feature is that it has been designed solely to be caravan wheel lock only. It is expensive, but it is made with heavy-duty materials and designed to make it easy to install and next to impossible to be tampered with.
Spray the outside of the lock body with a light oil such as WD-40 or equivalent every sixteen weeks. Link to pdf manual click here
This caravan wheel lock is designed to exceed the Sold Secure Gold Standard which is over twice as demanding as the Thatcham category 3. Key features are that it is simple to fit and ultra secure. It is fitted by replacing one of the existing caravan wheel clots with the Wriath’s secure wheel bolt receiver.
All materials are of the highest quality ensuring top security and longevity. For the engineered minded the Wrath has a foam covered high grade steel bar that prevents wheel rotation. In summary an expensive but ultra secure and made with high quality steel with a non-corrosive cover. The reputation of this brand will deter any would be thief.
An expensive caravan wheel lock, but the price is reflected in the quality and build of this clamp. Being both lightweight and easy to use makes it a popular pick. Like some other products reviewed this clamp is suitable with both alloy and steel caravan wheels.