Best Caravan TV Aerial for 2021
Having spent time researching the best caravan TV now it's time to get the best performance from your new gadget. To get the best out of your caravan TV you will need an exterior aerial that can enhance the signal and suppress any distortions. In addition, you will need to find the best place to mount the aerial to get the perfect signal. Caravan aerials come in a range of shapes and sizes. These are reviewed below to help you find the caravan aerial that will meet with your Motorhome entertainment requirements.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchase (at no extra cost to you).
Watching free TV in the UK country is fairly simple, attach an aerial device and tune in your TV.
For quality of reception, price and ease of set up it is worth giving the Avtex caravan antenna some serious consideration. If you are a handyman the SLx Digidome For TV Digital Freeview will offer a robust and attractive solution.
Fortunately, you can find decent caravan aerial, which will enable you to watch your favourite shows on your caravan. In this post, we will provide you our top four best aerial antenna for your caravan.
Pay attention in the caravan TV review sections to the method of attaching the caravan aerial. Most manufacturers provide easy installation alternatives to getting your drill out. Magnetic mounts, adhesive plates and suction mounting are the best and easier alternative options.
Caravan TV Aerial Guide
- Optimized for Digital Reception - Receive clear Freeview broadcasting in Bedrooms, Lofts and Caravans
- Magnetic Base - Place on metal surfaces to increase Signal Reach and Reception
- Compact and Lightweight - Perfect for Portable TV's, Multimedia Players, and Freeview and Set Top Boxes
- Standard Coaxial Cable - Ideal for use with all Digital Ready devices such as Freeview Boxes and TV's
- DVB-T Freeview Digital TV and DAB/DAB+ Antenna
- Very Strong Highly Magnetic Mount Base
- 10mm F-Type Connector and standard TV Coax Adapter included Waterproof for indoor and outdoor operation
- Omni-direction high gain antenna 5 Meter High Quality RG-58 Coaxial Cable Perfect for Motorhomes, Camper Vans, Cars,...
- Power Source Type: Corded Electric
- The Omni-Directional 355 is the latest state of the art aerial from the world renowned Vision Plus and receives TV...
- Designed for Digital Television signals plus DAB and FM radio reception
- Being Omni-Directional it receives horizontal and vertical signals through 360 degrees
- Comes with VP3 Signal Amplifier with gain control and 5m integrated coaxial cable
- ✅ 360⁰ Omni-Directional Reception Digital TV Antenna – Enhance UHF signal reception. Our caravan aerial picks up...
- ✅ Built-in Amplifier – Our digital tv aerial allows you to boost signal right at the antenna. According to the...
- ✅ Easy Installation with Minimum Effort – Use for 12 and 24-volt televisions. Permanently sealed roof mounting and...
- ✅ Warranty – We are so confident with our KUMA Cosmos car antenna that we provide unconditional 2 Year Warranty....
- Build in amplifier has 30-33dB high gain and ensures good Freeview HD TV /FM /DAB reception of stations transmitted from...
- Can be powered by any USB source – USB to 5.5x2.1 plug cable included + FREE 4 Port USB Fast Car Charge. Ideal for...
- Small and portable. Very easy to assemble. Comes with big variety of fixings: Permanent or Magnet (easy and fast mount...
- Suitable for TV signal reception all around the world: Europe, America, Asia, Australia and so on, in any country you...
- High gain, omni-directional DVB-T Freeview Digital TV and DAB Antenna
- 5 Meter High Quality RG-58 Coaxial Cable
- Fitted with standard TV Coax Plug
- Very Strong Magnetic Mount Base with rubber to protect surface
- ✔ FULL RECEPTION - Receives all locally available digital TV signals, including HD and 4K channels.
- ✔ 4G FILTER - Integrated 4G filter removes interference and channel loss from your TV caused by 4G mobile phone...
- ✔ EASY ASSEMBLY - Designed for easy assembly with clear instructions included
- ✔ MULTI USE - Vertical and horizontal mounting
Last update on 2021-07-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The first on our list is the August DTA240 that has the best combination of great signal reception and an antenna, which can be utilized both as an outdoor and indoor loft model. That’s especially true even if you are far away from an electrical outlet.
The best thing about this caravan aerial antenna is that it can be hooked up to your tuner, a TV, or even your laptop through a USB port. That not simply increases the range, but it makes the entire installation stage as simple as possible.
There’s no problem if you don’t have any technical expertise about plugging an antenna into the receiving device. You can put it away hassle-free if you wish to free up some space. What about space?
You can install this caravan antenna on a wall or simply attach it to your fridge or any metal thing. This item features a built-in magnet in the base of the antenna.
This product by 1byone is considered one of the most flexible models accessible on the market. One of the things you will love about this is its built-in technology. It blocks every signal from wireless devices such as LTE, 4G, and 3G.
On top of that, this small device does not need any power tools to set up. You will find it convenient, especially if you want to upgrade your TV set. The kit comes supplied along with a mounting hardware. That lets you put the antenna about anywhere you desire.
The only disadvantage you will find about this caravan tv aerial is the length of the coax cable. You might need an extra one to connect your TV set when setting up the antenna outside.
Overall, 1byone TV Antenna is one of the few models, which offer you superior fidelity of the TV signal. That’s especially true without being too costly or massive. That makes it a wonderful option for any caravan.
SLx Digidome is considered the most compact caravan TV aerial antenna you will find in the market today. It is extremely small that you can easily grab it with one hand. That’s one of the advantages you will get from this unit.
Its small size makes it suitable in any setup or situation. Further, it has a low profile, so it will not be a concern if the place you’re located has any rules about aerial heights. On top of that, the minimal design is a stimulating alteration of pace.
On the other hand, the installation is relatively simple as well. You will not find any complex arms or folding components to setup. All you need to do is to connect the antenna to the stand and connect it to the wall using the provided screws. The antenna is protected by a solid outer casing as well that performs a wonderful job of safeguarding it against harsh elements.
The Avtex caravan aerial is the ideal option for those people seeking a great digital TV aerial for their caravan but does not feel at ease at drilling holes in their pride and joy to fit one. The unit could be easily installed on the exterior or interior of the caravan using the suction mount. Therefore, you can rest assured there will be no mess around with establishing a cumbersome TV pole.
This product integrates a 12v/24 signal booster that is powered by a 12b DC power plug. It’s worth mentioning that it boosts your odds of getting channels in poor reception regions. The Avtex STH3000 will run in any area. In fact, it’s known to be one of the sought-after caravan aerial available in the market today. People find it so dependable that they stopped using their satellite systems.
You might experience poor signal reception, as this unit is an omnidirectional antenna.
Outdoor Caravan Aerial Buying Guide
Which caravan TV aerial will give the best picture quality?
Modern caravans come with an antenna preinstalled, but if not it is a simple job to uninstall by yourself. Size does matter, but look for an antenna that is robust and can be fixed securely and comes with a built in amplifier.
Modern caravan TV aerials comprise of 3 key components each critical to a good if not perfect TV reception.
How do I attach my TV aerial to my caravan?
For the best reception the caravan tv aerial should be installed outside. Similar to installing an outdoor aerial at your home finding the best spot can take some time, but worth it in the end.
The caravan TV aerial can be attached by 3 key methods. First drilling and using mounting brackets, secondly using adhesive plates or suction plates and lastly magnetic mounts.
Drilling will provide the most stable and robust solution. For some this can be too much bother. In addition it could possibly do damage to the exterior if your work is not professional. This leaves the easier options using suction or magnetic plates
TV aerial types, which is best Omni-directional or Directional?
We should all be familiar with Directional caravan tv aerials. These need to be adjusted to point in the direction that provides the best signal. It takes time and someone to help guide you from inside the caravan.
An Omnidirectional caravan tv aerial is able to receive signals from all directions, making it a quick easy install. On the down side being muti-directional can result in a slightly weaker signal.
How important is a caravan TV aerial amplifier?
An amplifier will amplify or boost the incoming signals. The downside is that it can also boost unwanted signals. This is more the case with multi directional antennas that are able to receive signals from all directions. This is can be an issue if you are in built up areas with lots of signals moving in the airways, less so if your are away from built up areas.
The Complete Package
The days of opening gadgets and then realising that you nee and to go any batteries have thankfully long past. Same with caravan TV aerials, all will come complete with any fixture and fittings needed.Including the coaxial cable. Check the length, to ensure it is sufficient. An amplifier to boost signal may or may not be included. Another option to getting the most out of your smart 12V TV caravan is to invest in a portable caravan satellite dish.
There is no doubt that watching TV is a part of everyone’s life. Investing in the best digital caravan aerial allows you a stress-free get all your favourite TV programs when the fun takes you. Keep in mind that the antenna you pick draws the line between an awful and wonderful watching experience.
Make sure you read this post first before you start shopping for a caravan outdoor aerial. We hope we have provided you with the practical information you need to know in making a buying decison. Happy viewing.